Our Energy Future – Waverley Council Webpage
Waverley Council is part of the Our Energy Future program, to help local householders, organisations and businesses reduce energy bills, improve comfort levels and improve their environmental footprint.
You can get free up-to-date and independent advice for saving energy and renewable energy at home or at work, including:
– Solar power
– Heating and cooling
– Draught proofing
– Hot water
– Green Power
Find out more:
• Call the helpline 1300 339 915 ( Mon-Fri, business hours)
• Sign up to monthly e-news for tips and useful information
Solar power for homes
If you are a resident, you can also get advice and assistance for installing solar power on your home.
The experts at Our Energy Future have conducted a rigorous procurement process in order to find a supplier and installer to recommend.
Find out more:
• Call 1300 339 915 to chat to the team about whether or not solar might be right for you.
• Frequently asked questions about solar
• Sign up online to receive an obligation free quote
Development Approvals for solar power
In most instances residential solar power systems do not require development approval from Council. If you are installing a system that is less than 10kW, the solar system is an exempt development.
However, in some instances Council approval will be required if specifically stated in Council’s Development Control Plan or the State Environmental Planning Policy (Infrastructure) 2007 e.g. If the site is heritage-listed or the system plans to be ground mounted. If in doubt please call Council to talk to a Duty Planner: 9083 8484.
Some unit blocks and estates have regulations on solar panel installations, so make sure to consult with the strata or body before installing solar panels.
Sustainability in Waverley
Waverley Council is strongly committed to working in-house and with the wider community to look after our local area, and contribute to positive environmental, social and financial outcomes.
Our 10-year environmental strategy has ambitious targets and strategies on key issues:
• Climate change – cutting carbon emissions
• Waste – reduction, reuse and recycling
• Water – improving quality and conservation
• Urban ecology – caring for wildlife and bushland
• Transport – increasing use of cycling, walking and public transport
As part of our Second Nature program, we are working together with our community to make sustainability part of the everyday – i.e. second nature – by taking positive actions at an individual, household or business level.
Our Energy Future is one way to help you do this.
Find out more:
About Waverley Local Government Area (LGA)
Waverley LGA is an area that spans 9 km2 in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, with a population of 71,000.
Suburbs serviced by Waverley Council are:
• Bondi Beach
• Bondi Junction
• Bondi North
• Dover Heights
• Queens Park
• Rose Bay (parts are located within Woollahra Council)