Free Information Session – Solar Power and Batteries for Your Home
1 in 4 Australian households have already installed rooftop solar to save on their electricity bills, and over 4,000 of them are here in Georges River!
Come along to this free information session to find out whether solar and batteries are right for your home.
This information session will help you:
- Understand how solar works
- Understand all the hype around solar and battery storage
- Find out how to get the right system for your home
- Understand how to claim the financial rebates available
- Find out how you can install solar through a Council-backed program with pre-selected suppliers
Date And Time: Wednesday, 29th May 2019,6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Georges River Council Entertainment Centre, 24 Macmahon Street, Hurstville, NSW 2220
Georges River Council is part of the Our Energy Future program, to help residents reduce their energy bills, improve comfort levels and improve their environmental footprint.
Positive Charge provides up-to-date and impartial energy efficiency and renewable energy advice and support for households, businesses and council staff. So if you are a resident, business owner or council staff member in the Georges River municipality and need help managing your energy bills then please call our energy helpline during business hours, Mon-Fri on 1300 339 915 and/or sign up to our monthly e-news.
As part of Our Energy Future Georges River Council is supporting a campaign to assist residents who are considering installing solar. If you want to know more about how solar works visit our solar information page here. The experts at Positive Charge have conducted a rigorous procurement process in order to find a supplier and installer to recommend. You can sign up on line here to receive an obligation free quote or call the Positive Charge team on 1300 339 915 to further discuss whether or not solar might be right for you.
Solar and planning permits
Check with your local Council what, if any, planning permits are required for the installation of solar panels on your home.
Georges River Council suburbs
- Beverley Park
- Beverly Hills(parts are located within Canterbury-Bankstown)
- Carlton(parts are located within Bayside Council)
- Carss Park
- Connells Point
- Hurstville Grove
- Kingsgrove(parts are located both within Canterbury-Bankstown and Bayside Council areas)
- Kogarah(parts are located within Bayside Council)
- Kogarah Bay
- Kyle Bay
- Narwee(parts are located within Canterbury-Bankstown)
- Peakhurst Heights
- Ramsgate(parts are located within Bayside Council)
- Riverwood(parts are located within Canterbury-Bankstown)
- Sans Souci(parts are located within Bayside Council)
- South Hurstville
Sustainability initiatives in Georges River Council
Georges River Council is addressing its own carbon footprint by developing a carbon footprint inventory for FY 16/17 and identifying where the highest emissions are in order to work in a Reduction and Management Carbon Plan. We strive to make our buildings and services as energy efficient as possible to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Council has several solar panels installed on its sites such as libraries and the Council Works Depot at Carlton. To further reduce our dependence on non-renewable energy, Council has procured 20% of its electricity from renewable sources, and hopes to increase this over time.
Council is supporting its residents to live more sustainably via a range of initiatives, featured on Council’s website.