LEDs for community organisations
LED lighting is by far the most energy efficient type of lighting available. Swapping over your old lighting for LEDs can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on energy bills per year, so it’s a no-brainer. Although they can cost more to install the savings stack up very quickly and there are several mechanisms in place to help with the initial upfront cost.
LEDs last longer than incandescent lights
LED lights are good for up to 50,000 hours of illumination, compared to just a maximum of 2,000 hours for older lights. For a business that means they not only save on energy usage but on maintenance and replacement costs too.
- Upgrading incandescent, CFLs, and fluoro tubes to LEDs at the end of their asset life is important (not necessary beforehand) and should form part of a business’s asset management plan
- Correct disposal of CFLs and fluoro tubes important (due to mercury as well as other materials)
- Old incandescent lamps often 75-100 watts and also emit lots of heat. 90%+ reduction in energy use swapping to LEDs
- Older fluoro tubes typically 36 watts; new LED tubes 10-20 watts typically – a 44% – 72% reduction
- You can also de-lamp old twin fluoro fittings to single tube with reflector to maintain lumen output
LEDs can reduce greenhouse gas emissions
LEDs use less electricity, so if your power still comes from fossil fuels then using LEDs is a win for the environment.
LEDs can provide a more appealing light and increase productivity
Studies show that ensuring your business has adequate and pleasant light levels can improve concentration and productivity from your team.
If you need more information call our experts on 1300 339 915.